For the second consecutive year, the North American Catalan Society (NACS) and the Institut Ramon Llull open a call to support graduates in the studies of Catalan language and literature and to promote the development of Catalan studies in the universities in Canada and the USA. The grant is aimed at doctoral students for the 2022-2023 academic year, with an amount of €20,000€.
• One must be registered in a Doctorate program in a university in Canada or the USA and being satisfactorily fulfilling the program requirements.
• To have a doctoral thesis project related to Catalan language, literature and/or culture.
Candidates must include the following documentation in the application:
• Cover letter of a maximum of 1,000 words, explaining the aims of their research and the current status of their project.
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copy of the academic record (transcript).
• Letter of recommendation (in Catalan, Spanish or English) from a professor from the original university of the candidate. Besides certifying the academic skills, the letter will include the commitment of the professor to direct the project.
The committee will assess applications considering the academic journey of the candidates, the quality of each project and its viability during the grant period. Applications must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Anna Casas), before June, 15 2022. The decision shall be notified before July 15th, 2022.