Institut Ramon Llull and Teatre Nacional de Catalunya sign an agreement that will allow Catalan studies professors in foreign universities to use the contents of TNCDigital.
TNCDigital is an innovative project to make theatre available to everyone. The plays, registered with 4K and multi-camera, offer high quality image, sound and production; and some of them are subtitled (Catalan, Spanish, English and French).
For this particular case, TNC records the shows beforehand and then broadcasts them through the new platform. Besides the theatre plays, other related content such as interviews or documentaries on authors and their plays is also available. Llull handles the subtitling of plays to Catalan, Spanish, English, French and German. For now, these three plays are available to watch with subtitles in Catalan, Spanish, English and French:
- Solitud by Victor Català, directed by Alicia Gorina
- Decameró by various authors, directed by ten directors
- L’Hèroe by Santiago Rusiñol, directed by Lurdes Barba
Also, the department Llengua i Universitats has acquired the screening rights of the musical show Mar i cel by Dagoll Dagom, based in the homonymous tragedy by Àngel Guimerà, in its film version. “Mar i cel” is available in Catalan with English subtitles.
The following universities can benefit from this new agreement:
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg (Germany) - Raquel Galofré Bofarull
- Comenius University Bratislava (Slovakia) - Jiri Pesek
- Queen Mary University of London (UK) - Isabel Crespí
- Universitatea din București (Romania) - Víctor Peña Irles
- Université Lille 3 (France) - Ferran Marquina
- Freie Universität Berlin (Germany) - Alba Delgado Aguilar
- Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain) - Javier Giralt Latorre
- Centre d'études catalanes - Sorbonne Université (France) - Anna Saus Vila and Mireia Sánchez Molas
- Universidad de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) - Dolors Perarnau Vidal
- Goethe Universität Frankfurt (Germany) - Irene Klein Fariza
Those interested in sharing any of the 4 proposals must fill in the following form: https://forms.office.com/r/45YuWd82YV