Informative summary of the public call for awarding grants for the translation of literary and scholarly works originally written in Catalan and Aranese languages.
Translation of literary works into other languages
Grants by the Institut Ramon Llull for the translation of original works of catalan literature and philosophy 2017
Applicants must carefully consult the Grant Guidelines (published at the DOGC in 16/02/2017) and the Grant Announcement (published at the DOGC in 22/02/2017), since some changes have been introduced and the guidelines are different than last year ones. Application forms must correspond to the 2017 call forms.
The present summary document is merely informative and does not give rise in any case to any binding legal effect whatsoever for the Institut Ramon Llull.
Translation of the following types of works originally written in Catalan or Aranese: fiction, poetry, drama, graphic novels and scholarly works (non-fiction and works in the Humanities field).
These grants are available to public and private, Spanish and foreign publishers, natural persons and legal entities that are planning to translate works of Catalan and Aranese literature and philosophy into other languages.
To qualify as a grant beneficiary, the applicants must meet the following requirements and conditions:
- publish the work between the date of the publication of the resolution and November 2018
- have acquired the rights to publish the work
- publish the work in print format and distribute it commercially (online publications and “print on demand” are excluded)
Only the translator's fees are considered grant-supported expenditure. In the case of poetry anthologies, the anthologist's fees are also considered grant-funded expenditure.
- Online: Self-employed individuals and legal entities
- On paper: only for self-employed individuals
Foreign applicants, self-employed individuals and legal entities:
A password for access to the online office should be requested to Maria Jesús Alonso (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- On paper
If the applicant is applying for a grant from the Institut Ramon Llull for the first time, the application form must be submitted in paper form and may not be submitted electronically.
The deadlines for submitting applications for the three calls of the year 2017 are as follows:
- Since February 23rd, 2017 until April 18, 2017 for works to be published between July 2017 and November 2018.
- Since April until June, 2017 for works to be published between December 2017 and November 2018.
- Since June until October, 2017 for works to be published between January 2018 and November 2018.
The minimum accredited expenditure required to consider the purpose of the grant fulfilled is 80% of the estimated cost presented by the applicant. Non-compliance with this minimum expenditure threshold will constitute cause for revocation of the grant.
CONSULTING AND SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS
Files may be consulted electronically on the virtual office.
Any additional documents, if applicable, and supporting documents may be submitted in digitalized format through electronic means online in our virtual office, or alternatively submitted in person on paper.
In case of submitting supporting documents, please read this guide.