University Network of Catalan Studies Abroad
Map full screen
The Institut Ramon Llull promotes the study of Catalan language and culture in universities abroad, with which it signs agreements for the establishment and consolidation of Catalan studies, providing support to the universities, teachers and students through various programs and grants. List in pdf.
Over 150 universities around the world teach Catalan
Over 6,000 students take courses in Catalan language and culture
The Institut Ramon Llull also encourages advanced studies and research on Catalan language and culture through study centres and Chairs established for visiting professors from prestigious universities:
- Centre of Catalan Studies, University of Paris-Sorbonne
- Centre for Catalan Studies, Queen Mary, University of London
- Mercé Rodoreda Chair, The Graduate Center, CUNY
- Joan Coromines Visiting Chair of Catalan Studies, University of Chicago
- Ginebre Serra Visiting Chair in Catalan Studies, StanfordUniversity
In addition, various German universities have developed a Complementary Qualification in Catalan Language and Culture, which offers a supplementary programme for undergraduate and Master’s degree students at universities that offer Catalan Studies with the support of the Institut Ramon Llull. This is an initiative that aims to attract scientists and teachers working in Catalan-related subjects in Germany, by interconnecting the different universities there, in cooperation with the Xarxa Vives d’Universitats.